COLUMBIA, Mo. (KMIZ)
The bond hearing for a Columbia man charged in a deadly downtown shooting was rescheduled for Dec. 1 at 9 a.m.
Todd Nesbitt Jr., 28, is charged with first-degree assault and armed criminal action after the Nov. 14 shooting left five people hurt and one man dead. He is also charged with a felony count of resisting arrest.
On Tuesday afternoon, Boone County Judge Tracy Gonzalez is set to review Nesbitt's bond at the hearing.
He is currently in the Boone County Jail.
Previously, Nesbitt was charged in July with third-degree domestic assault and had a warrant out for his arrest.
According to court records, at the time of the shooting, Nesbitt's warrant came with a $5,000 cash-only bond. If he were to bond out, the warrant stated he was not allowed to have any firearms or weapons.
A preliminary hearing for this assault charge is scheduled for Dec. 13.
Nov. 14 Downtown Columbia Shooting
Columbia Police were on scene around 3 a.m. in the area of N. Fifth Street and E. Walnut Street outside of Vibez Lounge, when police say two men started firing at each other.
Police said Quillian Jacobs was running south on N. Fifth Street and firing a weapon north into a crowd of people. Police chased Jacobs and shot and killed him at the scene.
According to the police department, five other people were shot in the incident and taken to local hospitals.
Police said Todd Nesbitt Jr. was the other man firing who ran from the scene. He was later arrested and charged the same day.
Editor's note 11/23: This story corrects information about Nesbitt's previous warrant for domestic assault.