BOONE COUNTY, Mo. (KMIZ)
In the third week of September, the Columbia/Boone County Health Department inspected at least 36 establishments across the county.
More than two-thirds of all inspections from Sept. 16 through Tuesday came out clean.
Read about the inspection reports below.
Establishments without violations
- Al and Lena's Catering
- Andy's Frozen Custard (Trimble Road): No violations found in a follow-up inspection on Sept. 16. However, the establishment had one critical and three non-critical violations at an inspection on Sept. 14.
- Big Daddy's BBQ Mobile
- Big Daddy's Pushcart
- Columbia Area Senior Center
- Columbia Montessori
- Candy City
- Dollar General (Sturgeon)
- Dulany Hall
- Fretboard Coffee: No violations found in a follow-up inspection on Tuesday. However, the establishment had one critical and one non-critical violation at an inspection on Sept. 16.
- Hardee's (Paris Road): No violations found in a follow-up inspection on Friday. However, the restaurant had five critical and two non-critical violations at an inspection on Sept. 15.
- HH Fastlane
- Hillel House
- Joe's Recipes
- Le Bao
- Les Bourgeois Tasting Room
- Moser's Foods (North Keene Street): No violations found in a follow-up inspection on Sept. 16. However, the restaurant had two critical violations and one non-critical violation at an inspection on Sept.10.
- Parkside Skate Shop
- Peggy Jean's Pies
- Reality House
- The Roof
- Taco John's
- Tiger Stop - Mobile Food (Clark Lane): No violations found in a follow-up inspection on Thursday. However, the establishment had two critical and two non-critical violations at an inspection on Sept. 14.
- Trail Boss BBQ and Catering LLC
- Zaxby's (Cinnamon Hill Lane)
- Zydeco's Cajun Kitchen LLC
Establishments with violations
- Big Daddy's BBQ: Raw bacon stored above cooked meats, coleslaw and pulled pork too warm, no thermometers in two coolers
- Big Steps Early Learning: Sanitizer too low
- Dollar Tree (West Broadway): Exessive ice buildup in two freezers, no cover on trash can in women's restroom
- Glenn's Cafe: Dented can, mold growth in ice machine, white residue on bottom of cooler
- Hooter's: Sanitizer concentration at 0 ppm, no hand soap at hand sink
- Jenny Craig: Light bulbs in freezers burnt out
- Jimmy John's (Bull Run): Ice buildup in freezer
- Smoothie King: Sanitizer too low, sealer on cooler door in disrepair
- Southside Pizza: Ice machine dirty
- Thirsty Turtle: Soiled ice machine, men's restroom door doesn't self-close