Skip to Content
News

Mexico home suffers ‘significant’ fire damage

MEXICO, Mo. (KMIZ)

A home in Mexico, Missouri, suffered significant fire damage after flames broke out in the living room of the home.

Officials arrived at the home in the 400 block of Robinson Street at about 2:50 p.m. on Sunday.

Firefighters found flames in the living room when they arrived and were able to put the fire out within 20 minutes, according to a news release from the Mexico Public Safety Department.

The fire was contained to the living room, which had significant fire damage, and the rest of the home had smoke damage, the release said.

"It appeared the fire started in the area of a living room chair, likely due to the use of smoking products in and around the chair," MPSD said.

No one was hurt in the fire. The estimated damage cost of the fire was not immediately clear.

Audrain / Fire / Mexico / Structure Fire / Top Stories

Madison Fleck

Madison Fleck is the content editor for ABC 17 News.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Skip to content