Skip to Content

10 bald eagles poisoned at landfill recovering at The Raptor Center

By WCCO Staff

Click here for updates on this story

    ST. PAUL, Minnesota (WCCO) — Eleven bald eagles were recently found poisoned at a Minnesota landfill.

The Raptor Center at the University of Minnesota is caring for 10 of them right now, but one already died.

Inver Grove Heights police found the first sick eagle on Sunday, and Raptor Center volunteers found several more.

The center says other animals were euthanized and left at a landfill, and the chemicals poisoned the eagles while they were feeding on them. State and federal agencies are investigating.

The Raptor Center runs almost entirely on donations. Click here for more information:

Please note: This content carries a strict local market embargo. If you share the same market as the contributor of this article, you may not use it on any platform.

Article Topic Follows: CNN - Regional

Jump to comments ↓

CNN Newsource


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content