The Wabash bus station is the latest warming shelter to open its doors in Columbia as temperatures overnight continue to be dangerous.
The warming center is just temporary. According to a news release, the station was opened, "due to the National Weather Service forecast for unseasonably cold weather."
In addition to the Wabash bus station, Columbia has multiple warming centers across the city. They are listed below.
- Activity and Recreation Center (ARC) at 1707 W. Ash St.
- Armory Sports and Community Center at 701 E. Ash St.
- Boone County Government Center at 801 E. Walnut St.
- Columbia/Boone County PHHS at 1005 W. Worley St.
- Columbia Mall at 2300 Bernadette Drive
- Columbia Public Library at 100 W. Broadway
- Salvation Army at 1108 W. Ash St.
- Salvation Army Harbor House at 602 N. Ann St
Click here for more information on the warming centers.