JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (KMIZ)
A fire on Monday that caused $5,000 worth of damage to a restaurant in Jefferson City was ruled accidental, according to a fire report from the Jefferson City Fire Department.
The fire at Dragon Kitchen – in the 2200 block of Missouri Boulevard – started in a fryer when oil became too hot while workers were preparing for its lunch opening, according to the report. An employee saw the fire begin and the restaurant’s hood system contained the fire to where it started, the report states.
Firefighters could see smoke coming from the vent system, the report states. The roof was stable and no fire was seen coming from the building when firefighters arrived, the report states.
A sign was posted on the front of the restaurant on Tuesday saying it was closed. The note stated the restaurant will reopen Wednesday.