JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (KMIZ)
The Jefferson City Fire Department said a residential fire called out early Tuesday morning caused about $100,000 in damage.
Fire department spokesman Jason Turner said firefighters responded to the 1000 block of Las Brisas Court around 12:28 a.m.
Firefighters said there were flames coming through the roof and back of the home when crews arrived.
According to a news release from the fire department, firefighters had the fire under control within 20 minutes. Crews remained at the scene until at least 2 a.m., the release said.
Turner said four children and one adult were displaced from the fire. All of them were out of the house when crews arrived.
No injuries were reported from the incident.
Ashes from an outdoor cooking device caused the fire. According to the release, the ashes smoldered and caught the back deck on fire. Turner said it was ruled an accident.
Firefighters said the interior and the roof of the house were seriously damaged in the blaze.