Skip to Content

Detached garage destroyed in northern Boone County fire

Boone County firefighters responded to a structure fire Thursday night south of Harrisburg.
KMIZ
Boone County firefighters responded to a structure fire Thursday night south of Harrisburg.

BOONE COUNTY, Mo. (KMIZ)

A fire that destroyed a detached garage in northern Boone County was caused by cooking, according to officials with the Boone County Fire Protection district.

Firefighters responded to the fire just south of Harrisburg on Thursday night.

Online dispatch records show crews were dispatched to the 7800 block of Highway 124 around 5:45 p.m.

Assistant Chief Gale Blomenkamp says the garage was a total loss, estimated at $250,000. Blomenkamp said the garage was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived to the scene.

Smoke could be seen coming a structure in a grassy area nearly an hour after crews were dispatched.

Article Topic Follows: Boone

Katie Greathouse

Katie Greathouse is the assistant news director for ABC 17 News.

BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION

ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content