BOONE COUNTY, Mo. (KMIZ)
A fire that destroyed a detached garage in northern Boone County was caused by cooking, according to officials with the Boone County Fire Protection district.
Firefighters responded to the fire just south of Harrisburg on Thursday night.
Online dispatch records show crews were dispatched to the 7800 block of Highway 124 around 5:45 p.m.
Assistant Chief Gale Blomenkamp says the garage was a total loss, estimated at $250,000. Blomenkamp said the garage was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived to the scene.
Smoke could be seen coming a structure in a grassy area nearly an hour after crews were dispatched.