COLUMBIA, Mo. (KMIZ)
Boone County Fire District responded to two fires on Sunday.
At 12:41 p.m. Sunday, Boone County Fire District firefighters responded to W. Route F for a reported structure fire.
After arriving on scene, the homeowner told firefighters a fire started in the flu of the chimeny and the owner used a garden hose to put out the fire.
Firefighters made access to the attic where they worked to make sure the fire was completely out. The home suffered minimal structure damage and smoke damage.
Firefighters responded to a second fire Sunday at 4:41 p.m. at a building structure fire on E. Zaring Rd.
Firefighters arrived on scene to find a 50 foot by 75 foot barn fully involved that had partially collapsed. Firefighters were able to save the attached lean-to, however, the main barn and contents were a total loss.
There were no reported injuries, however 1 cow and two calves did die in the fire.
The cause of the fire was ruled accidental and suspected to be a heat lamp used to keep the calves warm.