HONG KONG (AP) — Hong Kong’s pro-democracy Stand News online media outlet says it is ceasing operations following a police raid and arrests of current and former editors and board members. The outlet issued a statement Wednesday saying its website and social media are no longer being updated and will be taken down. It says all employees were dismissed. Police raided the Stand News office earlier in the day after arresting six people on charges of conspiracy to publish a seditious publication. The move is the latest in an ongoing crackdown on dissent in the semi-autonomous Chinese city.
BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION
ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.
Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here
If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.