Skip to Content

54-year-old man dies after eating raw oysters from suburban St. Louis stand


MANCHESTER, Mo. (AP) — Health officials have announced that a man has died after eating raw oysters from a suburban St. Louis seafood stand. St. Louis County Public Health on Friday urged the public to dispose of any oysters purchased recently from the business in Manchester. The culprit in the death of the 54-year-old is the Vibrio bacteria, which doesn’t make an oyster look, smell, or taste any different. The agency said the oysters likely were already contaminated when they arrived at the stand. The man ate them sometimes in the past week and died Thursday at a hospital.

Article Topic Follows: AP Missouri

Jump to comments ↓



ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content