BOONE COUNTY, Mo. (KMIZ)
Most of the nine eateries inspected by Boone County health department regulators in the past week were not cited for any violations.
Five eateries were not cited during their inspections, while four were cited with violations.
Only two establishments had critical violations, while the other two had non-critical violations during their inspections.
Breaktime (Ashland): 1/16, follow-up scheduled for 1/23
- One critical violation: Food in open reach-in cooler at the front of the store was not maintaining the correct temperature (41 degrees or below). The inspection record said a new filter was put in and the temperature dropped 6 degrees by the end of the inspection.
Steve O's: 1/15
- One critical violation: Individually wrapped pastries do not have labels. The inspection note said the labels will be required by the next routine inspection, scheduled for May.
Shakespeare's Pizza (South Ninth Street): 1/16
- Two non-critical violations: Dust build-up on vent systems and a cooler door is not self-closing.
Spring Mart: 1/16
- One non-critical violation: No handwashing sign at a handwashing sink
Establishments without any violations at the time of the inspection:
- ALDI (Business Loop 70): 1/17, the inspection note said, "discussed alcohol server cards, double-checking food handler cards."
- Pickleman's Gourmet Cafe (Ninth Street): 1/15
- Pickleman's Gourmet Cafe (Old 63): 1/21
- Walgreens (East Broadway): 1/17, the inspection note said, "discussed damaged goods policy and food handler cards."
- Walgreens (Club Village Drive): 1/17, the inspection note said, "discussed food handler cards."