COLUMBIA, Mo. (KMIZ)
Inspectors visited multiple Boone County eateries since Jan. 8.
Two non-critical violations could lead to a re-inspection fee for Sub Shop.
Below is a map of all eateries inspected from Jan. 8 through Jan. 14:
Sub Shop (West Worley Street): 1/8
- Two non-critical violations: Packaged baked goods did not have labels and no one was present who had manager training. The inspection report said if these violations are not corrected by the next routine inspection, a re-inspection fee will be charged. Looking at past inspections, the establishment was charged with both of the same non-critical violations during inspections on Oct. 22 and June 27, 2019.
Sub Shop's manager told ABC 17 News the restaurant is working to fix the violations.
Tropical Smoothie Cafe (North Stadium Boulevard): 1/9
- One critical violation: Dirty dishes were put away as clean.
House of Chow: 1/8, all violations were corrected during a follow-up inspection on 1/14
- Two non-critical violations: Missing dial thermometer, food temperatures cannot be checked. Ice dumped in the handwashing sink.
A Little More: 1/8
- One non-critical violation: Entry point for pests around the back door in the kitchen. The inspection report said this will need to be repaired by May.
Bamboo Terrace: 1/10
- Two non-critical violations: Ceiling tiles in the lobby have water damage and the chest freezer was in disrepair. According to the inspection report, a new freezer has been ordered and the inspection said it will check at the next routine inspection. The damaged ceiling tiles were also noted in the previous inspection. This inspection said the tiles will need to be replaced by Feb. 11.
Tiger Liquor & Convenience Store: 1/8
- One non-critical violation: Surface near sink has damage. The inspection report said this will need to be repaired by the next routine inspection, which is scheduled for July.
African Market: 1/10
- One non-critical violation: Bulk foods were not in their original packaging and need to be labeled with a common name. The inspection report said the temperature of the foods was not measured because all the foods are either dry goods or frozen.
Honey Baked Ham: 1/10
- One non-critical violation: Labels need to be added to single-serve items that are wrapped and served. The inspection report also said, "discussed keeping boxes off ground in walk-in freezer.
Eateries without any violations at the time of the inspection:
- Chili's Grill & Bar: 1/14
- Cross Mark: 1/10
- Dash Convenience & Liquor Store: 1/10
- Marriott Courtyard: 1/14
- The Links: 1/9
- Sam's Deli/Bakery: 1/9
- Sam's Grocery/Meat Department: 1/9 (The inspection note said "discussed keeping an eye on dented cans throughout grocery.")
- Steak 'n Shake (Clark Lane): 1/14
- Steak 'n Shake (West Worley Street): 1/14
- Your Pie: 1/13