12 Mizzou spring sport student-athletes will return for their extra year of eligibility. Meanwhile, nine student-athletes have decided to move on from MU.
These 12 student-athletes come from six different spring sports. In March, the NCAA granted an extra year of eligibility to spring sport student-athletes who had their seasons cut short due to COVID-19.
Here's a list of those returning, per a release from MU.
- Art Joven – Baseball
- Spencer Juergens – Baseball
- Lukas Veinbergs – Baseball
- Peter Zimmermann – Baseball
- Rory Franssen – Men’s Golf
- Jessica Yuen – Women’s Golf
- Gabrielle Goldin – Women’s Tennis
- Serena Nash – Women’s Tennis
- Thomas George – Men’s Track & Field
- Caulin Graves – Men’s Track & Field
- Jordan McClendon – Women’s Track & Field
- Karissa Roman – Women’s Track & Field
“We look forward to watching these Mizzou student-athletes who had their 2020 spring seasons cut short by COVID-19 returning to finish out their collegiate careers the right way next spring,” Mizzou Athletic Director Jim Sterk said in a release. “The NCAA made the right decision for these young men and women to receive their year back, and I’m grateful that several of them have elected to take advantage of this opportunity. We wish those moving on from Mizzou great success as they enter the next chapter of their lives.”
Per the release, MU is waiting for one student-athlete to make a final decision. Also, another senior decided to transfer to another program to use the extra year of eligibility.
Jim Sterk is scheduled to meet with reporters on Thursday at 3:30 p.m.