Skip to Content

Malfunctioning heater causes carbon monoxide exposure in Moberly

On Tuesday, Randolph County Ambulance, Moberly Fire Department and Moberly Police responded to a privately owned hangar at the Omar Bradley Airport for three unresponsive people.

Moberly officials determined all three people were overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning from a malfunctioning heater.

Two of the people were unresponsive before first responders arrived. The third was able to call 911 before he became unresponsive. 29-year-old Arron Herring, 27-year-old Matthew Trani II and 25-year-old Wren Johannaber are all at University Hospital in Columbia. Herring is in critical condition, but the other two are stable.

One Moberly firefighter was treated at Moberly Regional Hospital for carbon monoxide exposure and released. The Missouri State Highway Patrol assisted at the scene. MFA Oil and Ameren UE responded and provided technical assistance to emergency medical services regarding carbon monoxide exposure.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration opened an investigation.

Sign up for email news alerts by clicking here

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content