Skip to Content

Investigators determine candle started Boone County house fire

The Boone County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Monday that a candle was to blame for a Boone County house fire over the weekend.

Authorities said the home did not have electricity and the candle was being used to heat the home.

According to the sheriff’s office, someone knocked over the candle and it caught the carpet on fire.

The Boone County Fire Protection District said firefighters were called to the 2700 block of Boothe Lane around 8:30 a.m. Sunday for reports of smoke coming from a home.

Crews said they quickly extinguished most of the fire before heading inside the home to extinguish the remnants. Firefighters said no one was inside when they walked through the home.

There was minimal fire and smoke damage, officials said.

Sign up for email news alerts by clicking here

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content