Skip to Content

Firefighters put out fire on Columbia garbage truck

The Columbia Fire Department responded after a city-owned garbage truck caught fire Friday.

It happened around 11:08 a.m. in the 5400 block of Peabody Road, in northeast Columbia.

{“url”:”″,”author_name”:”Columbia_Fire”,”author_url”:””,”html”:”&#lt;blockquote class=”twitter-tweet”&#gt;&#lt;p lang=”en” dir=”ltr”&#gt;CFD units out at 5400 Peabody Rd with a CNG fueled trash truck on fire. Fire contained to the bed of the truck. BCFPD Tanker assisted with water supply. &#lt;a href=””&#gt;;/a&#gt;&#lt;/p&#gt;— Columbia_Fire (@Columbia_Fire) &#lt;a href=””&#gt;November 24, 2017&#lt;/a&#gt;&#lt;/blockquote&#gt;n&#lt;script async src=”” charset=”utf-8″&#gt;&#lt;/script&#gt;n”,”width”:550,”height”:null,”type”:”rich”,”cache_age”:”3153600000″,”provider_name”:”Twitter”,”provider_url”:””,”version”:”1.0″}

Firefighters said the fire was contained to the bed of the trash truck. ABC 17 News is told the vehicle is fueled by compressed natural gas.

The Boone County Fire Protection District also helped put out the garbage truck fire.

ABC 17 has reached out to the Fire Department to find out what started the fire and if anyone was hurt.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content