Skip to Content

Jefferson City fire results in loss of two pets

At 6:39 a.m. on Friday, the Jefferson City Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire in the 100 Block of Grant Street.

The first units that arrived on scene found smoke and flames showing from the rear of a single family home. After confirming that all residents had escaped, the fire was extinguished with an interior fire attack.

The fire displaced four residents and also resulted in the loss of two family pets. The family was alerted to the fire by a working smoke detector. The estimated damages from the fire is $65,000. The origin of the fire was in the basement, and the cause appears to be improperly discarded smoking materials.

This is the time of the year to change smoke detector batteries and test them to make sure they are working properly. For additional information, contact the Jefferson City Fire Department at 573-634-6405.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content