Skip to Content

Fatal fire in Mexico leaves one man, one dog dead

On Friday at 3:09 a.m., the Mexico Department of Public Safety was called to 713 Lafayette regarding a residential fire. The first officers on scene found heavy smoke and fire in the front side of the house.

The resident, Alvin R. Norman, 72, and his dog were found dead in the home by firefighters.

The front bedroom had significant fire damage and the remainder of the home had serious heat and smoke damage. The Missouri State Fire Marshall’s Office, the Audrain County Coroner, and the Mexico Public Safety Department are continuing to investigate, but there is no evidence of a crime as of this time.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content