Skip to Content

Crews on scene of fire in Jefferson City

ABC 17 News has confirmed firefighters, emergency responders and police responded to a fire in the 600 block of Broadway in Jefferson City around 4 p.m. Monday.

Crews put out a small fire that was in and around a bathroom trash can inside an empty first-floor apartment. All other apartments had already been evacuated because of the smoke except for one person on the building’s second story.

Investigators believe it was accidental and reminded people to use caution when getting rid of “smoldering materials.”

The Red Cross is now helping the tenant where the flames started find somewhere to stay.

Stay with ABC 17 News and for the latest on this developing story.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content