Skip to Content

Southern Boone High School evacuated due to gas odor

Classes resumed at Southern Boone High School after students were evacuated for a gas odor.

The students were moved to the middle school as a precaution around 11:30 a.m. Monday.

Firefighters and Ameren Missouri responded to the school to look for a possible leak.

School officials said crews found no gas leak and stopped the source of the gas odor.

All students were returned to their classes shortly after.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content