Authorities cleared the scene at Douglass High School early this afternoon after a reported gas leak.
Fire crews responded to the school after someone reported smelling gas in the area around 10:00 Monday morning.
Crews checked the school and did not find any leaking gas valves.
Officials said they tightened the boiler caps just in case there was possibly some gas leaking.
They said they took extra precautions because the building is so old, but it’s scheduled for renovations starting this summer.