Skip to Content

Improperly discarded fireworks cause house fire in south Columbia

Fireworks that weren’t properly discarded caused an early morning fire in south Columbia Friday, according to the Columbia Fire Department.

The call for the fire went out at around 12:22 Friday morning at a home at 5621 Abercorn Drive, just north of where Scott Blvd. meets Route KK.

Eleven units from the county and city responded.

Crews arrived to find flames visible from the back side of the house and from the roof.

They were able to extinguish the flames within about 8 minutes.

Firefighters rescued a dog from the home and there were no injuries.

The assistant fire marshal estimated the damage to be around $50,000.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content