Skip to Content

Fulton house fire ruled accidental

A home is heavily damaged after a fire in Fulton Saturday.

The Fulton Fire Department responded to the home at 1000 Chippewa Drive around 8:30 p.m.

Firefighters found heavy fire and smoke behind the home as well as the house’s basement, attic and main living areas. A leaking natural gas meter was also found on fire.

Officials said it took an extended time to put out the flames due to the size of the blaze.

The Central, North and South Callaway Fire Protection Districts were also called to help.

An investigation by the Missouri State Fire Marshal’s Office and Fulton Fire Department investigators determined the fire was accidental. The fire was possibly caused by a cooking smoker on the back deck.

The damage is estimated to be worth around $100,000.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content