Skip to Content

Fire causes smoke damage at Hair Plaza in Jefferson City

The Jefferson City Fire Department got calls around 3:30 Sunday afternoon regarding smoke coming from the Hair Plaza in downtown Jefferson City.

The fire department is still investigating the fire and how it was started, but preliminary findings show it could possibly be an electrical fire.

Jason Turner with the fire department said the fire was isolated to the back of the building.

Parts of East High Street were shut down for about 3 hours today as fire crews worked to contain the smoke and fire.

Turner said the biggest issue was containing the smoke.

“No injuries, um, it’s just a challenge getting uh the smoke out of the building and make sure we do it right,” said Turner.

Turner said the fire was put out quickly and only effected a storage closet in the back of the building.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content