Skip to Content

Candle sparks fire at Osage Beach home

Fire crews in Camden County said a candle caused a massive house fire at the Lake of the Ozarks Monday.

Crews first got a call about an explosion at around 5:00 Monday morning at 1196 Guenther Lane near Osage Beach Parkway.

Smoke and fire had already consumed about 25% of the structure.

Investigators said the house didn’t have electricity, and residents were using candles for light.

One person escaped and was not hurt.

Another firefighter was treated at the scene for minor injuries.

Lake Ozark and Mid-County fire assisted the department, which eventually cleared the scene 2 hours and 30 minutes later.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content