Skip to Content

Ash Sparks Deck, House Fire

***UPDATE MONDAY 1:35 A.M.***Columbia fire investigators said in an overnight news release that hot ash from a grill sparked a deck fire that spread to an exterior wall and attic at an apartment at 3201 Elm Grove.The fire did an estimated $5,000 worth of damage and no one was injured.***ORIGINAL STORY***Columbia and Boone County fire crews responded to reports of an apartment fire on Elm Grove Road late Sunday night.An ABC 17 News reporter at the scene could not get closer than about one block – but did notice several fire crews actively working a scene and people standing outside the building. Original reports were that flames were showing from the underside of the roof when crews got to the address.Stay with ABC 17 News and for updates as they become available.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content