Skip to Content

Police: 2 found dead in home with carbon monoxide levels

By Taylor Johnson and Shain Bergan

Click here for updates on this story

    FRASER TOWNSHIP, Michigan (WNEM) — State police believe deadly levels of carbon monoxide may have led to the death of two people in Bay County.

Troopers were sent to a residence in the 2000 block of Kaiser Tower Road after a 911 caller reported finding two people deceased inside about 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, April 10.

Both of the victims and their dogs were found dead inside the home. According to the preliminary investigation, Bridgitte Hill, 60, from Pinconning, and Dennis Mackenzie, 60, from Au Gres, were staying at the residence without power or heat.

Investigators found a generator in the basement and multiple electric and propane space heaters throughout the home, Michigan State Police said. State police believe improper ventilation while the power and heat sources were operating may have caused deadly levels of carbon monoxide.

While the incident is still under investigation, anyone with more information is asked to call the Michigan State Police Tri-City Post at 989-495-5555.

Anyone struggling to get heat or electricity services is asked to call 211 to be connected with services that can help. When using a generator or space heaters, residents are advised to provide proper ventilation and ensure carbon monoxide monitors are operational.

Please note: This content carries a strict local market embargo. If you share the same market as the contributor of this article, you may not use it on any platform.

Article Topic Follows: CNN - Regional

Jump to comments ↓

CNN Newsource


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content