BOONE COUNTY, Mo. (KMIZ)
Columbia Fire Department Assistant Chief Brad Frazier has confirmed one person was stuck in water on the roadway at Old Mill Creek Road and Highway KK.
Assistant Chief Frazier says the person was able to make it out of the vehicle themselves and to dry ground.
Rain Thursday morning caused more flooding issues in Mid-Missouri.
Boone County Joint Communications sent the following alerts Thursday morning:
- Patches of water covering Route Z south of Centralia
- West Broadway at South Woods Court in Ashland closed due to high water
- Water over Westbound I-70 at mile marker 118 (west of Columbia)
- Old Mill Creek near Route KK closed due to water over the roadway
- Water over roadway at West Old Plank Road at Forum Boulevard
Shortly after an aerial flood advisory was issued, officials upgraded the alert to a flash flood warning for Boone County at 6:32 a.m. The warning is set to expire at 9:30 a.m. Thursday.
Get the latest forecast from the ABC 17 Stormtrack Weather team here.