COLUMBIA, Mo. (KMIZ)
The No. 4 Mizzou wrestling team thoroughly dominated No. 21 Arizona State at the Hearnes Center, on Sunday, 39-6. The win puts head coach Brian Smith and company at 1-0 to start the season.
The Tigers won eight of their 10 matches against ASU.
Noah Surtin started off the day strong with a first period pin to get the Tigers up 6-0 over the Sun Devils. But, he was followed up by quite a few big showings, as well.
Tolton alum Brock Mauller got behind early, but ended up winning by technical fall, 21-5, to get major points on the board for MU. After Mauller, the reigning, two-time national champion at 165 pounds, junior Keegan O'Toole, won his match by major decision, 20-6.
Kansas City-native Zach Elam closed out the dual with a fall to put the cherry on top of a dominate outing for Smith and company.
You can find a full list of results from the win below.
- MIZ Noah Surtin (6) ASU Damien Moreno (0)
- MIZ Zeke Seltzer (4) ASU Julian Chlebove (6)
- MIZ Josh Edmond (14) ASU Carter Dibert (3)
- MIZ Logan Gioffre (2) ASU Kyle Parco (8)
- MIZ Brock Mauller (21) ASU Michael Kilic (5)
- MIZ No. 1 Keegan O'Toole (20) ASU No. 33 Chance McLane (6)
- MIZ No. 8 Peyton Mocco (20) ASU Max Wilner (5)
- MIZ No. 11 Clayton Whiting (15) ASU No. 19 Tony Negron (3)
- MIZ Colton Hawks (19) ASU Kai Argyros (4)
Up next - Mizzou will stay at home to host No. 20 Oklahoma on Friday, Dec. 1. The dual will start at 7 p.m.