JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (KMIZ)
The Salute to America events are set to kick off at noon on Friday and the city is offering multiple areas of parking for attendees.
This year, Salute to America is celebrating Missouri's bicentennial with events including carnival games, live music, a parade and axe throwing. The opening ceremony will begin at 5 p.m. on Friday night and will be followed by the Salute to America parade an hour later.
Carnival games and an inflatable park are set to open at noon on Friday and the festival will end with the red, white and boom fireworks display on Sunday night at 9:45 p.m.
After scaling things down last year due to the pandemic, vendors at the festival are expected to be back in full swing with around 70 plus vendors expected to be at the event.
The city is offering multiple parking areas for people attending the event. The festival site lists the following areas available for parking for Salute to America.
- State East Parking Garage off State Street at Monroe Street (more than 500 spots)
- West State Park Garage
- State and City lots
- East McCarty Street
- Capitol Avenue (east of Adams Street)
- East Miller Street
- Madison or Monroe from the Expressway to Wall Way.
- ADA parking is available on Broadway off of West Main Street
Road closures will also be in place due to vendors and activities for Salute to America. The following roads and sections of streets will be closed.
- High Street from Adams to Broadway
- Capitol Avenue from Main Street to Monroe Street
- Madison Street from Wall Way Alley to State Street
- Washington from Wall Way to West High
- Circle Drive around the Capitol Building
Shuttles will also be available for further parking areas. Shuttles are offered at the red stars on the map below. This includes pick-up and drop-off locations at the library and near JCPD.
Tune in at 5 a.m. for live coverage from ABC 17 News in Jefferson City.