Skip to Content
Jefferson City

Grill causes early morning Jefferson City fire

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (KMIZ)

A fire caused by a grill with hot coals burned a deck and part of a home early Thursday, according to the Jefferson City Fire Department.

Firefighters were sent to the 300 block of Lincoln Street at 4:18 a.m., the department said in a release. The home's back deck was on fire when firefighters arrived and flames were moving to the house and into the attic, the department said.

Firefighters brought the fire under control in about 10 minutes but were at the scene for two hours, according to the release. The department said a wall of the home and part of the roof were damaged in addition to the deck.

No one was hurt and residents can still live in the house, the department said.

Fire / News / Structure Fire / Top Stories

ABC 17 News Team

Comments

Leave a Reply

Skip to content