Skip to Content
Jefferson City

Cooking fire results in destroyed Cole County apartment

Grease left on a stove was the cause of a structure fire that destroyed an apartment in Cole County on Saturday.

Crews battled a fire at the home in the 5300 block of Jaden Court, west of Jefferson City around 6 p.m.

Jack Brade of the Regional West Fire Protection District said one person was cooking on a stove with grease before leaving the home to buy flour.

"When she came back, she heard the smoke detectors going off. When she opened the door, (the room was) full of smoke and fire. She went next door and told the neighbors to call 911."

The apartment was a total loss, Brade said. No one was injured.

Watch playback of an ABC 17 News livestream below:

ABC 17 News crews saw smoke coming out of a duplex when they arrived on Jaden Court shortly after 6:30 p.m. Cole County fire and medical crews were also on scene.

Brade said the resident did not remember leaving the stove on when she left.

Cole / Fire / News / Top Stories / Top Stories

Barry Mangold

Barry Mangold reports for ABC 17 News on weekday evenings and anchors weekend evening broadcasts.

Comments

2 Comments

  1. THOSE THREE BETTER STAY OUT OF THE CASE & STAY OUT OF TROUBLE THOSE THREE I’AM HERE TRYING TO HELP ALL THREE OF YOU IF THOSE THREE LOOK AN PHONEBOOK OR GO GET AN APARTMENT FINDER THOSE THREE WILL FACING SUSPENDED SUSPENION PROBATION PERMAMENT OR TEPORARY VACATION TO BROTHEL RANCH OR WORST IT THAT’S CLEAR DO YOU UNDERSTAND YES!

Leave a Reply