Skip to Content
Jefferson City

Three suffer carbon monoxide exposure in Jefferson City

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (KMIZ)

Three people were taken to a hospital Thursday morning in Jefferson City after being exposed to high carbon monoxide levels.

The Jefferson City Fire Department said firefighters were sent to the call just before 8 a.m. Firefighters were told while on their way to the call that one person was having trouble breathing but everyone in the apartment was sick, the department said on its Facebook page.

Just before 8am this morning, Jefferson City Firefighters responded to a reported medical emergency. While enroute they...

Posted by Jefferson City Fire Department on Thursday, November 14, 2019

Firefighters found carbon monoxide levels in the apartment were "reading far in excess of safe levels," the department said. The apartment was evacuated and the three residents were taken by ambulance to a hospital as a precaution.

Cole / News / Top Stories

Matthew Sanders

Matthew Sanders is the digital content director at ABC 17 News.

Comments

Leave a Reply