BOONE COUNTY, Mo. (KMIZ)
Boone County firefighters responded to a house fire just north of Columbia early Monday morning.
Boone County Fire Protection District spokesman Gale Blomenkamp said in a release that crews were sent to a residence in the 7900 block of N. Cavendish Court.
The release said crews were called to the house at 1:15 a.m.
A problem in the chimney flue caused the fire, Blomenkamp said. Crews reported flames were coming out out of the back of the house and roof when firefighters arrived.
A family of five were displaced from the blaze -- none of them were hurt, according to the release. Blomenkamp said the family is receiving assistance from the Red Cross.
Blomenkamp said it caused $30,000 worth of damage to the exterior side and roof of the residence.