Skip to Content
Fire

Boone County firefighters respond to early morning fire north of Columbia

cavendish court residential structure fire
Boone County Fire Protection District
Boone County firefighters say a flue fire on Cavendish Court early Monday morning caused about $30,000 of damage.

BOONE COUNTY, Mo. (KMIZ)

Boone County firefighters responded to a house fire just north of Columbia early Monday morning.

Boone County Fire Protection District spokesman Gale Blomenkamp said in a release that crews were sent to a residence in the 7900 block of N. Cavendish Court.

The release said crews were called to the house at 1:15 a.m.

A problem in the chimney flue caused the fire, Blomenkamp said. Crews reported flames were coming out out of the back of the house and roof when firefighters arrived.

A family of five were displaced from the blaze -- none of them were hurt, according to the release. Blomenkamp said the family is receiving assistance from the Red Cross.

Blomenkamp said it caused $30,000 worth of damage to the exterior side and roof of the residence.

Boone / News / Structure Fire / Top Stories

Matt Ragsdale

Matt Ragsdale is a broadcast and digital producer at ABC 17 News.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Skip to content