COLUMBIA, Mo. (KMIZ)
On Friday morning, a Boone County Sheriff’s Department deputy attempted a traffic stop on Elleta Boulevard near Rangeline Street and a chase ensued.
According to officials, the chase ended when the vehicle traveled off Interstate 70 and crashed into a fence at Columbia Pool and Spa, located at 1200 Business Loop 70 West, Columbia, Missouri.
Officials say the driver, Daniel Alan Talbott, ran from the crash but was taken into custody by Columbia Police.
According to officials, law enforcement says they found meth in the vehicle.
Talbott was arrested for the following charges and warrants:
- Driving While Suspended/Revoked - 2nd or Subsequent Offense (Misdemeanor)
- Resisting Arrest/Detention/Stop by Fleeing (Felony)
- Possession of Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident (Felony)
- False Impersonation (Misdemeanor)
- Parole Absconder Warrant – No Bond
- Failure to Appear Warrant (original charge of Child Neglect) - $1,000 Bond
- Failure to Appear Warrant (original charge of Non-Support) - $500 Bond
Talbott is currently being held in the Boone County Jail.