The Columbia/Boone County Department of Public Health and Human Services is reporting that 73 new coronavirus cases were added to the information hub on Tuesday. The county reported 61 cases on Monday and the rest of the cases were reported in the month of July and August.
The county delays reporting cases by two days.
The dashboard is showing 43 COVID-19 patients in Boone County hospitals. There are six patients in the ICU and one patient is on a ventilator.
The health care system capacity has moved to yellow. Yellow status means:
- Operating within standard capacity and meeting any of the following criteria:
- Delaying non-emergency patient transfers from referring hospitals due to capacity for greater than two (2) days, or
- Delaying non-emergency patient transfers from referring hospitals due to staffing for greater than two (2) consecutive days, or
- Delaying non-urgent procedures and operations to provide additional inpatient capacity
Additionally, 49,789 COVID-19 cases were recorded previously.
Here are the CDC's risk mitigation recommendations for the red (high) level:
- Wear a mask indoors in public
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines
- Get tested if you have symptoms
- Additional precautions may be needed for people at high risk for severe illness
Cole County reports four new COVID cases
The Cole County Health Department reported four new coronavirus cases on Wednesday. The county reported three new cases on Monday and one new case on Tuesday.
The weekly Missouri COVID update shows that Cole County has a low COVID community level.
In the week prior to August 5, there were 72 COVID positive cases, 41 breakthrough cases and zero COVID deaths.
Over 61% or 46,954 of Cole County residents have received at least one dose of the COVID Vaccine.