Skip to Content

Two people dead, one injured after carbon monoxide poisoning in Callaway County


Two people are dead and one person is recovering after a medical emergency call to the 7000 block of Kenny Drive, just south of Fulton.

Officials report the deaths were caused by carbon monoxide poisoning, however the investigation is ongoing.

Officials report EMS personnel found two adults dead and a third adult was found alive but in a critical medical condition.

The third person was taken to the University Hospital in Columbia where they are now recovering and in stable condition.

Officials report this is an active death investigation it is being conducted by the Callaway County Sheriff’s Office.

No foul play is suspected and no additional subjects are being sought according to officials. Next-of-kin are being notified according to the sheriff's office.

The Central Callaway Fire Protection District and Missouri State Highway Patrol assisted with the scene investigation according to the Callway County Sheriff's Office.

Article Topic Follows: Callaway

Karl Wehmhoener

Author Profile Photo

Meghan Drakas

Meghan joined ABC 17 News in January 2021.
The Penn State grad is from the Philadelphia suburbs where she interned with several local TV stations.


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content