By MATTHEW LEE and JON GAMBRELL
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — An 85-year-old Iranian-American detained for six years in Iran on what the U.S. says were specious charges left the country and was flown to Oman and then to the United Arab Emirates on Wednesday for urgent medical treatment. A lawyer for Baquer Namazi’s family and the Omani government confirmed his arrival in Muscat. U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Wednesday evening that Namazi had been reunited with his family in Abu Dhabi and would soon receive medical treatment. Namazi’s release is the first of an American by Iran since President Joe Biden took office, although his son, Siamak, and several other Americans remain in Iranian custody.