CONAKRY, Guinea (AP) — Guinea’s World Cup qualifier against Morocco has been postponed after a Guinean army colonel seized control of state television and said the government had been dissolved. The West African nation was due to host Morocco in the capital of Conakry on Monday. No new date has been set for the fixture. The Confederation of African Football said the postponement was “to ensure the safety and security of all players and to protect all match officials.”
BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION
ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.
Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here
If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.