Skip to Content

Missouri police: Boy died of drug overdose at friend’s house


WASHINGTON, Mo. (AP) — Police say a 13-year-old boy died of a drug overdose during a sleepover at a 12-year-old friend’s house in eastern Missouri over the weekend, and three adults at the house were arrested. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that police were called to a home in Washington around 9 a.m. Sunday and found Zackary Foster dead in an upstairs bedroom. Police Sgt. Steve Sitzes said the 12-year-old told investigators he and his friend had been experimenting with drugs they found in the house. After securing a search warrant, officers found various prescription and some illegal drugs in the house, including methamphetamine and capsules possibly containing heroin or fentanyl. 

Article Topic Follows: AP Missouri

Jump to comments ↓

Associated Press


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content