COLUMBIA, Mo. (KMIZ)
Missourians should expect to see decent snowfall Tuesday night as the snow makes a return to Mid-Missouri.
The ABC 17 Stormtrack Weather Team is tracking a winter storm that could bring in heavy snow across the southern and southeast part of the state between Tuesday night and Wednesday.
This means drivers will want to consider prepping their cars with winter necessities in case they happen to get stuck in the snow.
- Extra batteries
- First Aid Kit
- Small shovel
- Bottled water
- Non-perishable food
- Necessary medications
- Booster cables
- A brightly colored cloth to use as a flag
- A small sack of sand to use for traction under your wheels.
MoDOT asks drivers who get stuck, to stay in their vehicles and not to go search for help. The department encourages stranded drivers to do the following:
- Put up a brightly colored cloth out your window
- Run the engine for about 10 minutes each hour and keep the exhaust pipe clear of snow
- Use newspapers, maps, and even car mats for added insulation.
- Make sure you clap your hands and move your arms and legs occasionally.
- Don't stay in one position for too long
Drivers who plan to travel out on the roads on Tuesday and Wednesday can use the MoDOT Traveler Information Map to find the latest road conditions across the state.