JEFFERSON CITY, Mo (KMIZ)
Salut to America is kicking things off in Jefferson City, Sunday through Monday, bringing people two days of music, food and lots of family activities for the Fourth of July.
Organizers say events are set to get started at noon. This year, carnival rides will be back with the formally added inflatable park and axe throwing activities. In 2021, while in a pandemic, organizers say the company hired to run the carnival rides had to back out due to staffing shortages, which made them add new attractions.
Along with live music and various food vendors to choose from on High street, there will also be a Red, White, and Bloom Parade that will take place at 6:15 p.m. Sunday evening.
According to the route, the parade will travel down Monroe Street to High Street, around to Jefferson Street, making its way back to East Miller Street. Salute to America will wrap up the holiday with the Red, White, and Boom Fireworks Sky Concert at 9:45pm Monday.
As people get out for events on Sunday and Monday, they will need to be aware of road closures.
Street closures in Jefferson City for Salute to America:
- East High Street from Monroe to Broadway
- Capitol Avenue from Main Street to Adams Street
- Madison Street from Wall Way Alley to State Street
- Washington from Wall Way to West High
- Circle Drive around the Capitol Building
East High Street from Monroe to Broadway will be closed. Capitol Avenue from Main Street to Adams street will be closed, along with Circle Drive around the Capital and others.
Jefferson City Parking for Salute to America:
- State East Parking Garage off State Street at Monroe Street (more than 500 spots)
- West State Park Garage (House of Representatives) off Main Street
- All state and city lots are available for free parking, as well as off-street parking on East McCarty Street, Capitol Avenue (east of Adams Street), East Miller Street, and Madison or Monroe from the Expressway to Wall Way.
- Main Street St. Peter Youth Group Paid Parking $10
- ADA parking is available:
- on Broadway just off of West Main Street
- behind the Governor's Office Building accessed through Commercial Way from Jefferson
- in Commercial Alley from Monroe St.
However, organizers say more than 500 free parking spots will be open at State East Parking Garage off State Street at Monroe Street. All state and city lots will be open for parking as well along with Main Street St. Peter Youth Group, who will have parking for $10 dollars.