Skip to Content

Boone County Fire officials say afternoon house fire caused by a propane heater

Boone County Fire Protection District
KMIZ
Boone County Fire Protection District

COLUMBIA, Mo. (KMIZ)

Boone County Fire officials are warning against using propane heaters following a house fire in Boone County Thursday afternoon. 

It happened on a home on Leisure Drive just before four.

Fire officials on the scene say it started in the front bedroom when the resident was trying to light the heater.

They were able to get out safely and no one was hurt.

Fire officials say they've been called to the home in the past for issues related to the propane heater.

Firefighters cleared the scene after about an hour.

Karl Wehmhoener

Comments

Leave a Reply

Skip to content