Skip to Content
News

Improperly discarded ashes lead to Columbia house fire

Crews respond to a house fire on Blackford Court
KMIZ
Crews respond to a house fire on Blackford Court

COLUMBIA, Mo. (KMIZ)

The Columbia Fire Department responded to 4608 Blackford Court around 7 p.m. Saturday.

Crews found flames coming from a home in the neighborhood. ABC 17 News crews at the scene said the home's garage door was melted.

Ten units from the fire department and one ambulance were at the scene.

According to the department, crews responded to the fire within minutes, but the flames had consumed the entire attic and roof.

Investigators found the fire started in a side yard from improperly discarded ashes from a fire pit and moved up an external wall of the home.

The damage is estimated to be $201,000.

No injuries were reported.

Boone / Columbia / Fire / Structure Fire / Top Stories / Top Stories

Sydney Olsen

Sydney Olsen reports in the evenings during the week and on the weekend.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Skip to content