Skip to Content

No injuries reported after cooking incident leads to fire in Columbia


The Boone County Fire Protection District put out a cooking fire in Columbia Saturday morning.

Crews responded to a residential structure fire in the 700 block of Demaret Drive around 3 a.m.

Upon arrival, firefighters said smoke and flames were showing from the multi-level structure.

Boone County firefighters on scene said the fire on the second story of the building was caused due to a cooking incident.

No injuries were reported and firefighters rescued multiple pets from the structure.

Crews said the short distance from the fire station to the fire made the response time very quick.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

Zach Boetto

Zach Boetto anchors the weekend morning and weekday 9 a.m. & noon newscasts for ABC 17. You can find up-to-the-minute information on Zach’s social media, @ABC17Zach on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content