Skip to Content
News

No injuries reported after cooking incident leads to fire in Columbia

Boone County firefighters respond to a fire on Demaret Drive Saturday morning.
Boone County firefighters respond to a fire on Demaret Drive Saturday morning.

COLUMBIA, Mo. (KMIZ)

The Boone County Fire Protection District put out a cooking fire in Columbia Saturday morning.

Crews responded to a residential structure fire in the 700 block of Demaret Drive around 3 a.m.

Upon arrival, firefighters said smoke and flames were showing from the multi-level structure.

Boone County firefighters on scene said the fire on the second story of the building was caused due to a cooking incident.

No injuries were reported and firefighters rescued multiple pets from the structure.

Crews said the short distance from the fire station to the fire made the response time very quick.

ABC 17-KMIZ / Boone / Columbia / Fire / Pets / Structure Fire
Author Profile Photo

Zach Boetto

Zach Boetto anchors the weekend morning and weekday 9 a.m. & noon newscasts for ABC 17. He also reports in the field on Mondays and Tuesdays during the 5 and 6 a.m. newscasts.

Author Profile Photo

Ben Fein

Ben Fein is a multimedia journalist for ABC 17 News. You can usually see his reports on weekend mornings or weekdays at 5, 6 and 6:30 p.m. on KMIZ.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Skip to content