Skip to Content
News

‘Malfunctioning’ equipment causes fire at Holts Summit restaurant

Fire-generic
KMIZ
Camden County firefighters said crews responded to several arson calls Monday.

HOLTS SUMMIT, Mo. (KMIZ)

The Holts Summit Fire Protection District identified the cause of a Monday morning fire as malfunctioning electrical equipment.

Firefighters responded to Dos Primos on Weststar Drive at about 4:30 a.m. on Monday and found heavy smoke coming from the roof and back of the restaurant. Firefighters were able to mostly contain the fire to the kitchen area, according to a news release from the Holts Summit Fire Protection District.

The majority of the structure was saved, the news release said.

It was not immediately clear if anyone was in the restaurant at the time of the fire. ABC 17 News asked the fire protection district if there were any injuries.

Fire / Top Stories

Madison Fleck

Madison Fleck is the content editor for ABC 17 News.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *