Skip to Content

Child starts Mexico shed fire

An 8-year-old boy started a shed fire while playing with gasoline and a lighter Tuesday night in Mexico, Missouri, police say.

The Mexico Public Safety Department responded to the 900 block of Emmons Street at 7:24 p.m., the department said in a news release. First responders said they found flames coming though the roof when they arrived. Officials said a tree was also damaged by the fire.

Audrain Ambulance District personnel examined the boy, but he was not taken to the hospital. He suffered minor injuries while trying to put the fire out and escape the shed, police said.

Sign up for email news alerts by clicking here

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content