Skip to Content

Firefighters respond to stove fire in LU residence hall

The Jefferson City Fire Department responded to a stove fire on the second floor of a residence hall on Lincoln University’s campus.

Crews were dispatched to the scene in the 800 block of Locust Street around 9 p.m.

Fire Chief Matthew Schofield said sprinklers in the building extinguished the fire.

He said the fire department and Lincoln University Police Department coordinated an evacuation.

Officials confirmed there was minor damage to the building, but said no one was hurt.

Schofield said since it is spring break, the building was not at maximum capacity.

Sign up for email news alerts by clicking here

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content