Skip to Content

Accidental electrical issue sparks blaze in Eldon

Eldon firefighters put out a blaze Monday morning just after midnight at 119 North Olive.

According to a post by the Eldon Fire Department on Facebook, the single-story home had heavy fire showing from 2 sides of the building.

There was one person inside the home but they were rescued and taken to safety.

The department said it had some difficulties using a hydrant at Olive and North Street, so they had to switch to one at High and Grand.

The fire was control by about 3 a.m. and firefighters stayed opn scene until about 5:15 a.m.

The Missouri State Fire Marshal determined the cause of the fire was accidental electrical in nature.

Several departments assisted, including the Lake Ozark Protection District, Moreau Fire Protection District, Tuscumbia Fire Protection District, and Rocky Mount Fire Protection District.

The occupants were displaced and placed with their immediate family and have been put in contact with the American Red Cross.

Sign up for email news alerts by clicking here

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

ABC 17 News Team


ABC 17 News is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content